Pride Mobility Go-Go Ultra X 3-Wheel Travel Mobility Scooter
Here’s a reliable, lightweight, 3-wheel scooter which breaks down into five pieces for easy transport and storage and provides exceptional value for money.
Eight features of the Pride Go-Go Ultra X 3-Wheel:
1. A suggested weight capacity of 260 lbs., a maximum speed of 3+ mph and a travel range of 6+ miles per charge.
2. The scooter weighs 76 lbs. and the batteries weigh 18 lbs. for a total of 94 lbs. The heaviest piece, the front section, weighs just 30 lbs., making it convenient for transporting in a car trunk or SUV.
3. Inside the convenient drop-in battery box are two 12v 12Ah “deep-cycle” batteries each weighing 9 lbs. (However, if you need a greater range than the standard batteries provide you can buy a larger box and batteries which will expand the driving range to 11+ miles per charge.) (NOTE: Pride Mobility say that their products ship with either SLA (Sealed Lead Acid) or Gel-Cell batteries, whichever they have on hand – but both types are “deep-cycle” and “flight-friendly.”)
4. The armrests lift up for easy in and out access and can be removed completely if you don’t need them.
5. The Pride Go-Go Ultra X 3-Wheel comes with a 17” x 17” seat which can be locked into one of four positions – forward, backward, left and right, and the central seat post can be adjusted through three different heights.
6. This scooter has 8” solid tires, anti-tip rear wheels and two under seat, fold-out storage bins (light assembly required), each capable of holding up to 5 lbs.
7. The removable ignition key helps prevent theft or unwanted tampering.
8. Helpful accessories such as a cane-clip attachment, an oxygen tank holder and a large rear basket are available for this scooter.
There is a lifetime (limited) warranty on the frame, a two-year (limited) warranty on the electronics and drivetrain. The batteries are covered by a separate six-month warranty provided by the battery manufacturer, and are not warranted by Pride Mobility.
With a turning radius of 33” and an overall length of 37” the Pride Go-Go Ultra X 3-Wheel is not recommended for tight or hard to maneuver spaces such as indoors, elevators or the aisles of your favorite clothing store.
In addition to this lack of maneuverability, the scooter has a ground clearance of only 1.25″, so cracked, uneven ground or speed bumps become a major hinderance.
As with any 3-wheel scooter, compared to a 4-wheel scooter, stability is a major consideration. You really have to TAKE IT SLOW AND CAREFUL to keep yourself from tipping over and riding on dirt and grass can be bumpy, even dangerous!
I would say that the Pride Go-Go Ultra X 3-Wheel Scooter is more suitable for ambulatory people who can’t walk long distances for whatever reason. So if this matches up more to your requirements remember it does have the “Pride Mobility” brand name and it holds up very well…totally worth the price!