Lightweight Dual Function Foldable Power Wheelchair
Want the effortlessness of a power wheelchair but still hanker for the security of a manual wheelchair? Do you worry about your batteries running down while on your travels? Or wish for large rear wheels in case you get stuck in a pothole and need an assist? This Dual Function Power Wheelchair is basically a normal wheelchair with a motor attached at the inside of the rear wheel. Flick a lever underneath the seat and you can switch from power mode to manual mode in just a few seconds. So the Lightweight Dual Function Foldable Power Wheelchair (PW-800AX) from Wheelchair88 offers the conveniece of a powerchair with the reassurance of a conventional wheelchair!
Seven features of the Dual Function Power Wheelchair:
1. Built from aluminium alloy it weighs just 75 lbs. (with the batteries installed), a lot less than most power wheelchairs presently available in the marketplace and still has a suggested weight capacity of 330 lbs., a maximum top speed of 5 mph and a driving distance of 11+ miles on a charge.
2. The magnesium alloy rear wheels are 24” with solid flat-free tires and the front are 8” solids. It has two rear anti-tip wheels.
3. Both the footrests and armrests are height adjustable and are removable, making for easier transfers.
4. The two Polymer Lithium-ion batteries weigh just 20 lbs. and are located just behind the backrest. The charge time is a rather slow 6-8 hours. Like most power wheelchairs it charges through the joystick/controller. (Please be aware that due to the Lithium-ion batteries this wheelchair may not be “airline-friendly!”)
5. The charger is 100-230V, making it usable worldwide without a converter. It also comes with detachable and washable seat and backrest covers.
6. An adjustable headrest and raisable footrests are available as accessories.
7. NOTE: When you order through Amazon you will receive an immediate e-mail from Wheelchair88 showing your Order ID and requesting your seat width (16”, 18” or 20”) and joystick/controller (left or right) preference. The wheelchair ships from Malaysia and please allow 10-17 days for delivery (although it usually arrives in a lot less time.)
There is a one-year warranty on the frame, electronic controller and drive drain components and a six-month warranty on the batteries.
Although the Dual Function Power Wheelchair weighs only 75 lbs. (with the batteries installed) and the back folds down to make it slightly more compact I think it is still too cumbersome to lift in and out of a trunk or back seat of a car and depending on your ability, or that of a caregiver, may require an wheelchair platform lift or car-mounted hoist (e.g. TMS Folding Hitch Carrier.)
Also take into consideration that you should have the flexibility to get to the lever under the seat to switch from power to manual mode or have someone to do it for you.
(NOTE: Once you take it out of power mode it operates like a normal manual wheelchair [with a little extra weight] and will require good upper body strength to operate.)
So if you’re looking for a dual-purpose wheelchair that is lightweight, foldable, strong, state-of-the-art, easy-to-use, practical, efficient, stylish, dependable and affordable then you should consider the Wheelchair88 PW-800AX.